Polyurea is a thick-film elastomeric coating that offers many advantages to the specifier and contractor. These advantages come mainly from polyurea's hard to beat physicals and its fast set return to service abilities. It can be applied over a wide variety of substrates and in a wide range of temperature and humidity environments. With no VOCs and little to no odor, polyurea is a natural coating choice for areas adjacent to where people live and work.
The main benefit of polyurea to contractors and specifiers is its fast set nature. It gives Project Managers more flexibility in scheduling and saves days, if not weeks, over traditional coatings. Cost savings from dramatically reduced down time for water tanks, sewage treatment, parking garages and chemical storage tanks can be substantial.
Almost no coating can compare to polyurea when it comes to attainable physical properties. Polyurea can be formulated to achieve a tremendous range of properties from high elongation to superior tensile strength and comes in a variety of colors and textures.
Polyurea coatings are commonly specified for the following reasons:
- Abrasion resistance
- Chemical resistance
- Structural enhancement
- No VOC's and little to no odor
- Potable water systems available
- Weather tolerant: Cures at -25F to 300F degrees even in high humidity
- Excellent resistance to thermal shock
- Flexible: Bridges cracks
- Waterproof, seamless, resilient
- Unlimited Mil thickness in one application
- Excellent bond strength
- Resistant to many solvents, caustics and mild acids
- Low permeability, excellent sustainability
- Fast return to service
For more detailed physical properties, please refer to the Data Sheets.